Dir. Azor L. Sitchon, MPM
The National Telecommunications Commission Regional Office 3 held an event last October 22, 2018 Honoring our elderlies. Click here for gallery.
The National Telecommunications Commission(NTC) Region 3 will conduct "NTC ON WHEELS - ONE DAY MOBILE REGISTRATION AND LICENSING". All Companies,Radio Users,LGU/Private,Cellphone Dealers,Cellphone...Read More
The National Telecommunications Commission shall proactively and continually create a responsive regulatory environment for a vialble, affordable, reliable and accessible telecommunications infrastracture and services to help achieve the hostilic development of the society.
By 2022, the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) is a world class regulatory agency able to lead the telecommunications sector as an engine for progress and national development.
1927 Act No. 3396 known as the Ship Radio Station Law was enacted. The Radio Construction and Maintenance Section, the first radio regulatory office was charged to enforce the said law. 1931 Act No. 3846 known as the Radio Control Law was enacted. The Radio Control Division in the Bureau of Post was created under the jurisdiction of the then Secretary of Commerce and Communications. 1939 The Radio Control Division was transferred to the Department of National Defense which was organized pursuant to Executive Order No. 230. 1947 The Radio Control Division was again transferred to the Department of Commerce and Industry which was created pursuant to Executive Order No. 230. 1951 Republic Act 1476 was enacted abolishing the Radio Control Board. 1962 Department Order 51 was issued changing the name of the Radio Control Division to the Radio Control Office. 1972 The Board of Communications (BOC) was created under the Integrated Reorganization Law. It was the first quasi-judicial body with adjudicatory powers on matters involving telecommunications services. 1974 The Radio Control Office was renamed the Telecommunications Control Bureau. 1979 By virtue of Executive Order 546, the TCB and the BOC were integrated into a single entity now known as the National Telecommunications Commission. The Ministry of Transportation and Communications, which was created under the same Order has administrative jurisdiction over the NTC. 1987 President Corazon C. Aquino issued Executive Order 125-A making the NTC an attached agency of the Department of Transportation and Communications.
NTC Regional Office III was established in Pampanga on July of 1988 with the help of then Congressman Emigdio L. Lingad, representing second district of Pampanga. It started its operation of issuing licenses and permits, occupying a small space, shared by the regional post office with only a desk and a filing cabinet. Only three (3) personnel manned the office the late Engr. Leonardo A. Garcia, who was appointed regional director and two technical staff, Mr. Ramon Valenzuela and Mr. Rodolfo T. Ocampo. The Regional Office then moved to a rented space at the ground floor of the Cleofer's Building in Gen. Hizon Street, City of San Fernando, Pampanga on September of the same year, and saw the arrival of two more personnel. More personnel were added to supplement the Office Staff in the first months of 1989. In February of this year, with the retirement of Engr. Garcia, the Regional Office had its second regional director in the person of Engr. Amadeo Y. Yabes. The Regional Office staff was complemented again with the coming of engineers and other staff who trained at the Central Office. The site of the Regional Office then was a small to house all its personnel, now almost complete with its two divislons. There was not enough space to keep its records., Besides, flood frequented the area, especially on rainy days. This hampered its operation. Seeing all these problems, Engr. Yabes worked out for the construction of a new building at the regional government center, On January 26, 1990, the new bualding was inaugurated, highlighted by a mass. The ribbon cutting was lead by the Hon, Josefina T., Lichauco, who was the then Commissaoner of NTC and Congressman Emigdio L. Lingad, representative of the second district of Pampanga The eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in l991 brought new challenges to the office. The Regional Office participated in manning the Monitoring Command Center at Camp Olivas, together with other government agencies. In coordination with radio groups and other civic organizations, the NTC played a significant role in lahar monitoring, rescue and relief operations during the post pinatubo era. In 1995, the Regional Office saw a new Director in the person of Engr. Eleutrio P. Navarro Jr. The construction of quarters where employees could stay overnight on emergencies was one of the significant marks of Engr. Navarro's management. Another was the construction of an office that provided space for the records and the legal division. On the later part of May 2002, the regional office had its fourth Regional Director, Ms. Delilah F. Deles, who is a neophyte. she brought about changes to the regional office starting from the improvement of the office's physical appearance to improving employee,s work attitudes and the renewal of their commitment to public service. She innovated new programs, one of which is the Iaunching of this website which is interactive, informative and accessible to the ind users and introduced a program that cater quality service to the public.
National Telecommunications Commission Services: